Epoch of the Marxist Youth

For aspiring and studying marxist youth to come together and discuss the true way forward
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 capitalism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KGB5097
Radical


Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-07-07
Age : 28
Location : Philadelphia, PA

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:07 pm

calinis wrote:
yeah but once you finish college you can get a decent job and afford to pay them back

When you get student loans lets see how eager you are to pay them back lol

With the compounding interest and cruel realization that a college degree means nothing in this day and age you'll quickly find yourself here with us, bitching about how student loans are bullshit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary


Posts : 154
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : ICECUBE

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:15 pm

Ruadhan wrote:
In capitalism peoples needs come last, the major profit of one out scales a mediocre profit of many. A CEO will make billions to live off while his workers(who are undoubtedly working harder) make shit to support families on. Instead of giving his workers a sustainable living wage the CEO will put profit first giving him even more money.

How is that right? The goes against everything it is to be human.

proof pleas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sin
Studying Revolutionary


Posts : 136
Join date : 2008-07-07
Age : 108
Location : USA Illinois

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:34 pm

Kraft Foods. The owner sits in his chair while the employees work like dogs and get way less.

_________________
Communitarian Anarchist
Anti-Everything
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary


Posts : 154
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : ICECUBE

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Sin wrote:
Kraft Foods. The owner sits in his chair while the employees work like dogs and get way less.

your word isn't exacly reliable
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sin
Studying Revolutionary


Posts : 136
Join date : 2008-07-07
Age : 108
Location : USA Illinois

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:39 pm

mattabesta wrote:
your word isn't exacly reliable

What exactly do you want? My parent works for kraft, so i should be able to find out what you need.

_________________
Communitarian Anarchist
Anti-Everything
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary


Posts : 154
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : ICECUBE

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:02 pm

Sin wrote:
mattabesta wrote:
your word isn't exacly reliable

What exactly do you want? My parent works for kraft, so i should be able to find out what you need.

I need a picture of the man sitting in his chair and proof that he did not work to rais the money to buy/build the company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sin
Studying Revolutionary


Posts : 136
Join date : 2008-07-07
Age : 108
Location : USA Illinois

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:53 pm

What good at all would that do? A man can't sit down in a chair?

I can prove by another indirect route though, think of it this way, the owner of Wal-mart's kids will inherit his riches, and what did they have to do? Nothing besides be born from the mom, really, that must of been hard.

The first person to build up a company, does sacrifice alot, but than the following ones exploit the workers for more money, the workers should be given higher wages, no workers = no company, people sometimes forget this.

If their was no owner, than their would be no exploitation.

_________________
Communitarian Anarchist
Anti-Everything
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KimJongIl-89
Leftist


Posts : 21
Join date : 2008-07-07
Age : 27
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:58 am

The people are being forgot in this system...pillaged out like hell >.< ( Like the costs for doctor visits )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary


Posts : 154
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : ICECUBE

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:30 pm

Sin wrote:
What good at all would that do? A man can't sit down in a chair?

I can prove by another indirect route though, think of it this way, the owner of Wal-mart's kids will inherit his riches, and what did they have to do? Nothing besides be born from the mom, really, that must of been hard.

The first person to build up a company, does sacrifice alot, but than the following ones exploit the workers for more money, the workers should be given higher wages, no workers = no company, people sometimes forget this.

If their was no owner, than their would be no exploitation.

ever been a manager?
I can assure you that no company would work without some ceneter of power.

but yes you do make a point about riches being inherited but really the money has to go were the man wants it to go.
my god....... the company knows that and the workers also but here is an eqation for you
no profit=no company=no job
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sin
Studying Revolutionary


Posts : 136
Join date : 2008-07-07
Age : 108
Location : USA Illinois

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:42 pm

You missed my point.
What i tried to say was that if the workers were in control of the company that would be the center power of it.

Apparentely they either don't know this or don't care, considering how much the workers get/can get and how much the son/daughter will get.

mattabesta wrote:
no workers=no labor=no profit=no company=no job
fixed

_________________
Communitarian Anarchist
Anti-Everything
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary


Posts : 154
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : ICECUBE

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:29 pm

Sin wrote:
You missed my point.
What i tried to say was that if the workers were in control of the company that would be the center power of it.

Apparentely they either don't know this or don't care, considering how much the workers get/can get and how much the son/daughter will get.

mattabesta wrote:
no workers=no labor=no profit=no company=no job
fixed

no owner=no company=no workers=no labor=no profit=no company=no job
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sin
Studying Revolutionary


Posts : 136
Join date : 2008-07-07
Age : 108
Location : USA Illinois

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:54 pm

Sin wrote:
What i tried to say was that if the workers were in control of the company that would be the center power of it.

Center power = owner = rest falls into place.

_________________
Communitarian Anarchist
Anti-Everything
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary


Posts : 154
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : ICECUBE

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:23 pm

Sin wrote:
Sin wrote:
What i tried to say was that if the workers were in control of the company that would be the center power of it.

Center power = owner = rest falls into place.

evryone happy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
axcept green or die!
Radical


Posts : 66
Join date : 2008-07-04
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:01 pm

in socielism the workers manage they owne perductiuyn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://karlmarxforum.darkbb.com
KOMMUNISMUS
Leftist


Posts : 19
Join date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:45 pm

capitialism is nothing more than slavery i have heard far too often from my capitialist freinds that capitialism is fair it is up to you to succed or fail that is not the way it is in america or or capitalst coutries WRONG it is like this the corporations and companys oppress the small buisness man and take his money then they opress the artist and take his works then the opress the workers rights then they lower his pay so really capitalism is
slavery you cannot succed only fail and become another mindless drone in the corporation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mighty Mighty Bosstone!
Radical


Posts : 28
Join date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:35 am

Quote :
communism goes against human nature.

Oh man, this argument! My favorite!

Human nature is nonexistent, or if you really must think it does dictate the way we act it is a flexible nature based on the socio-economic structures built around it. Even the general neurological natures of human beings is based on the reaction to stimuli. This is dialectically analyzed time and time again by Marx and then Marxist after Marxist. Capitalism makes people economically aggressive (.. selfish ...) because of the competitive nature of the socio-economic conditions that Capitalism creates. You can't live without this aggressiveness. Adversely, Communism working on a Socialist socio-economic basis would create more or less "human nature" to work with the system. Humans inherently work towards the fulfillment of their various needs, thus the way they achieve these needs is defined by social structures surrounding the human.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary


Posts : 154
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : ICECUBE

PostSubject: Re: capitalism   Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:39 pm

Ruadhan wrote:
In capitalism peoples needs come last, the major profit of one out scales a mediocre profit of many. A CEO will make billions to live off while his workers(who are undoubtedly working harder) make shit to support families on. Instead of giving his workers a sustainable living wage the CEO will put profit first giving him even more money.

How is that right? The goes against everything it is to be human.

thats' wrong

ok let's say we have one owner and a big company may be 50,000 employess??

the owner gets maybe 10 million? if we would give that all to the workers they would get: 200 dollars more each not or
a rais by: 5,5% not excaly a big share not to mention most big corparations have a LOT more employess I mean Iceland ic companyes have 100,000 employess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: capitalism   

Back to top Go down
 
capitalism
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Nuclear Power and Capitalism
» 'Rethinking Capitalism' by Mariana Mazzucato (ed) and Michael Jacobs (ed)
» LaVeyan Satanism
» Corporatism vs. Syndicalism
» Is social democracy the best system of government, or does it just make capitalism appear acceptable?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Epoch of the Marxist Youth :: Critical Marxist Thinking :: Economic Theory-
Jump to: