Epoch of the Marxist Youth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epoch of the Marxist Youth

For aspiring and studying marxist youth to come together and discuss the true way forward

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY

Go down 
+2
SicSemperTryannis
solpacvoicis
6 posters
AuthorMessage

HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Empty
PostSubject: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:49 pm

discuss
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Soviet Administrator

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:44 am

*is filled with nothing but disgust at the fourth of july*
Back to top Go down
SicSemperTryannis
Radical
SicSemperTryannis

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 6:12 am

Hooray, we escaped Monarchy! Very Happy
... to establish Capitalism? Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
solpacvoicis
Soviet Administrator

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:30 am

no, no, no that's not what mattered, what mattered was being able to settle past the proclamation line in native american territory so we could butcher more of the inhabitants, rape their women, burn their villages, take their land for our farms, you know....genocide

(no seriously, took AP US History, that's what they basically told us "well, these things kinda pissed them off, but what really pushed them over the line was not being able to settle past this line the British had created in the hopes of establishing a safe haven for Native Americans, and so preserving the peace in their colony" (idk how accurate THAT whole part about the British was, but....))
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 4:29 pm

I just don't understand why the us was formed?
wasn't it just the wealthy pigs who wanted to escape taxes?
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Soviet Administrator

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:50 pm

no, people wanted to settle more and more land, and the british told them they couldn't move into the territory they had helped conquer in the french and indian war...it escalated from there basically lol
Back to top Go down
Periodic
Leftist
Periodic

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:42 am

Well, this land should be the Indians, found on genocide, is right.

Poor indians pale
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Soviet Administrator

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:47 am

noooo, don't spread more of that columbus's bastards ignorant assumptions! D=

you know, even the u.s. ALMOST saved them, jackson was just so much of a prick, he denied the decisions of the supreme court and doomed several races all at once...(yes, i consider groups of the tribes, depending on the region, as different races - if this wasn't enough to distinguish a "race" then all europeans would be thought of as the same race lol)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:13 am

This land should belong to no one. The abolishment of private property is a major part of communism. The people should live own it not one person or race
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Soviet Administrator

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:14 am

uh-huh, said like a true native american! =] lol
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:57 am

didn't they build massive cassiones????
isn't that...capitalist?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:22 pm

cassiones?
Back to top Go down
KGB5097
Radical
KGB5097

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 6:42 pm

Perhaps I'm biased as a Philadelphia native... the 4th is kind of our thing... however I don't see why the 4th should be opposed to.

As it stands the American Revolution was indeed progressive (for the time) and allowed for our society to evolve socially. We must not forget that this nations separation from the colonial powers was at the time an inspiration to all rebels in the colonial world... not to mention it helped establish the necessary Capitalist market between the US and Europe (I'm sure we all have read Marx and understand the necessary capitalist phase).

Also take into account the fact that while we would not today agree with the exact same principles on which the American Revolution was founded had we all lived than instead of now I think we'd have all sympathized. I sure as hell know I would've. Ignoring the political motives of the founding fathers (232 year old politics means nothing today) the American Revolution was indeed the struggle of a people to be free from an Imperialist government. Its the same struggle we fight today in the US.

On a side note, I was down at Independence Hall on the 4th at the Free Mumia rally. The group which I am a part of here was in attendance flying a red and black flag with our party acronym on it. At one point some Colonial reenactors marched by with flutes and drums lead by a flagman waving the Betsy Ross flag. My Comrade who was waving our flag saw his chance, ran over and started marching next to the flagman with a few hundred people watching. The Colonials were a bit pissed off, but the crowd laughed and cheered... it was quite a funny moment. If I figure out how to transfer cell phone videos to the internet, I shall share Smile
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Soviet Administrator

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:10 pm

uh, i think you can actually e-mail them from your phone? =O i don't have video on my phone, so i don't know....

thanks for the insight! i know, i know, i should be more supportive of the american revolution, it was a necessary step for the development of capitalism, i just dislike it for its disastrous effect on the natives of this country. and honestly, the majority of the revolution was fought, not in the name of freedom from the british (which, for the most part, the "americans" considered themselves proud and loyal citizens, who simply wanted to be seen as equals, and, not until the end of the war, did it become a "war for independence"), but in the name of the "land to the west"! (the british hindered this directly)

they did NOT care that the british was imperialist, in general, because they felt they were proud participants of the imperialist system (hence their belief that they had a right to take the land and butcher the inhabitants of the country)

i think i covered everything, let me know if i didn't =D
Back to top Go down
KGB5097
Radical
KGB5097

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:21 pm

The reasons, indeed the facts we're taught in school about why the Revolution happened are bullshit for the most part. The founding fathers were land owners and businessmen who saw the chance for more land and capital and took that chance. Thats not to say some of them didn't have good intentions in mind, quite a few of them did, but as the saying goes.. the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Soviet Administrator

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:25 pm

i meant the common people, the common people fleeing europe in ships to get to america came, and saw that there was no more land, so they wanted to push west....and so did the offspring of the ones in the east....there was a drive to become farmers a lot of the time o.o;;

also, i learned this all in school, in my AP US History class - we read the text and discuss intensively - such a hard class, such an annoying book, sooo rewarding
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 1:05 pm

KGB5097 wrote:
The reasons, indeed the facts we're taught in school about why the Revolution happened are bullshit for the most part. The founding fathers were land owners and businessmen who saw the chance for more land and capital and took that chance. Thats not to say some of them didn't have good intentions in mind, quite a few of them did, but as the saying goes.. the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

what do the schoolbooks tell you?
Back to top Go down
KGB5097
Radical
KGB5097

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Schoolbooks tell you "blah blah blah taxation without representation... blah blah blah Boston massacre... blah blah blah freedom from persecution"

They portray it as a popular revolution from the beginning when it most certainly did not start that way, and not for the stated reasons. It just sounds better and is easier to teach to children.

Marxists usually refer to it as "revisionist history". Rightly so, too.
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary
mattabesta

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:07 pm

LOL a bit randoim but I just noticed your avatar.

in icelandic school books tell us that the danish shun't own iceland becuse norway was free and that broke the contract the crown of norway had with the commonweath of iceland or some shit like that. the real reson is that the danish diddn't give a shit so they just let us free.
Back to top Go down
KOMMUNISMUS
Leftist
KOMMUNISMUS

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:15 pm

SicSemperTryannis wrote:
Hooray, we escaped Monarchy! Very Happy
... to establish Capitalism? Neutral

let me fix that for you comrade we escaped taxaiton and monarchy only to get to fasciscm slavery and even higher taxes

out of the fire in to the hydrochloric acid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY   HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAPPY IMPERIALIST DAY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Epoch of the Marxist Youth :: Critical Marxist Thinking :: Red Square-
Jump to: