Epoch of the Marxist Youth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epoch of the Marxist Youth

For aspiring and studying marxist youth to come together and discuss the true way forward

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

trotsky out?

Go down 
+3
solpacvoicis
Shabazz Freeman
calinis
7 posters

should trotsky be out of the banner
yes
trotsky out? Vote_lcap33%trotsky out? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
no
trotsky out? Vote_lcap67%trotsky out? Vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
calinis
Mcarthy's spawn

trotsky out? Empty
PostSubject: trotsky out?   trotsky out? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:08 pm

poll
Back to top Go down
Shabazz Freeman
Soviet Administrator
Shabazz Freeman

trotsky out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: trotsky out?   trotsky out? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:09 pm

said no

you misspelled no
Back to top Go down
https://themarxistyouth.forumotion.com
solpacvoicis
Soviet Administrator

trotsky out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: trotsky out?   trotsky out? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:03 pm

i said no, trotsky was a great man.
Back to top Go down
Riddler
Leftist

trotsky out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: trotsky out?   trotsky out? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 8:27 pm

YES!!! It would be very fair, since you removed Stalin and Mao.
Back to top Go down
bolshevik
Soviet Administrator
bolshevik

trotsky out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: trotsky out?   trotsky out? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:41 pm

why would you remove a hero?
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mighty Bosstone!
Radical
Mighty Mighty Bosstone!

trotsky out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: trotsky out?   trotsky out? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:50 am

As I said in the thread voting Stalin and Mao off:

Quote :
What petty Sectarianism to dismiss two political leaders simply because they oppose your own ideology. If this is a board that allows those of all ideological persuasions (which I think it is, due to the presence of multiple usergroups of political ideas ranging from Anarchism to Stalinism to Right-Wing Politics), and those such as Lenin and Trotsky are still on the banner, why dismiss Stalin and Mao?

This should never have become a political discussion, just a matter of equality.

And sure, maybe Stalin's face can alienate a Capitalist or two, but so can the faces of Marx, Trotsky, lenin, Luxemburg, etc. Remember, you oppose Stalin and Mao but like Trotsky and Lenin and Marx so they stay up there, but mind you many people don't like Stalin, Mao, Trotsky, Lenin, and Marx!

Further, where are the Anarchist leaders? Makhno? Bakunin? Were there not enough Anarchists on the board to vote one into the banner, since I see the banner is a product of sectarian favoritism?

Personally, I think it should just be a symbol or icon (perhaps we can encourage the more artistic members here to give it a shot?) with the name of the forum, as to cover every leader of every ideology allowed here would be a very crowded image.

I think that Stalin and Mao should be on the banner if their followers are allowed on the board. I also think that Trotsky should stay up because Trotskyists are allowed. Luxemburg because Left-Communists are welcome. I'm not going to vote anyone off because my ideas are ideological contrary to theirs.

Look especially to the end. Sure, I'm certainly no Trotskyist, but he deserves a spot on the banner since Trotskyists are present on the board and he is a prominent figure in the history of Communism -- a positive one or not.

Quote :
i said no, trotsky was a great man.

This is what I mean! It doesn't matter what your opinion of him is!
Back to top Go down
Riddler
Leftist

trotsky out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: trotsky out?   trotsky out? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:50 pm

bolshevik wrote:
why would you remove a hero?
He's not a hero to me.
Back to top Go down
axcept green or die!
Radical
axcept green or die!

trotsky out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: trotsky out?   trotsky out? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:38 pm

If you're not going to have Anton Pannekoek or Paul Mattick up there, then I'll have to vote no.
Back to top Go down
http://karlmarxforum.darkbb.com
Shabazz Freeman
Soviet Administrator
Shabazz Freeman

trotsky out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: trotsky out?   trotsky out? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Back to top Go down
https://themarxistyouth.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

trotsky out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: trotsky out?   trotsky out? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trotsky out?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Epoch of the Marxist Youth :: The Vanguards' Discussion :: Suggestions-
Jump to: