Epoch of the Marxist Youth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epoch of the Marxist Youth

For aspiring and studying marxist youth to come together and discuss the true way forward

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

People I like.

Go down 
+8
calinis
cm2dude
SicSemperTryannis
enviro
Riddler
solpacvoicis
RevolucionSiempre
Tom
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
soldat
Leftist

People I like. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: People I like.   People I like. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:33 am

hitler is given too much credit. there actually quite a few historians now who are challenging the myth that he was the great savior of germany. the truth is he already inherited one of the most advanced industrial countries in the world, and did everything to drive the economy into the ground. his entire 'economic miracle' depended on churning out guns and tanks for an inevitable war. they fudged a lot of statistics at the time when it came to unemployment, so women and political prisoners were not counted. ian kershaw makes the case that if hitler didn't go to war he would have become unpopular very quickly because there were signs that the economy was about to take a nasty turn.
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Soviet Administrator

PostSubject: Re: People I like.   People I like. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:35 am

lol, ahh, so he was just making a war machine economy?

germany still needed someone to ignore the versailles treaty in order to recover economically, though...
Back to top Go down
Steel
Radical

PostSubject: Re: People I like.   People I like. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:02 am

KGB5097 wrote:
If only you could understand Cuba's democracy... its freaking awesome. Totally grassroots, no party interference. Pure as hell, beautiful...

Sadly its not true =[
It only has the appearance of grassroots democracy. In fact the party remains in control.

enviro wrote:
but stalin industrialized russia, what did kim do, tell every north korean to shit on thier lawns to fertilize the country

Actually IIRC, the DPRK was using chemical fertilizers long before the south were. Didn't help 'em in the long run though.

I think Julius Martov, Paul Lafargue, both Liebknecht's and Rosa Luxemburg deserve a mention. =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People I like.   People I like. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People I like.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3