Epoch of the Marxist Youth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epoch of the Marxist Youth

For aspiring and studying marxist youth to come together and discuss the true way forward

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Dark Knight

Go down 
+4
Zealot_Kommunizma
KOMMUNISMUS
SicSemperTryannis
Shabazz Freeman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shabazz Freeman
Soviet Administrator
Shabazz Freeman

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:11 pm

It rocked me hard

but i have a joker obsession.

t'was anti anarchist explicitly but i thought it was a great movie overall

your thoughts
Back to top Go down
https://themarxistyouth.forumotion.com
SicSemperTryannis
Radical
SicSemperTryannis

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 5:10 pm

Shabazz Freeman wrote:
It rocked me hard

but i have a joker obsession.

t'was anti anarchist explicitly but i thought it was a great movie overall

your thoughts

I kind of caught on to the anti-Anarchist feelings... even though Joker's ideas of Anarchy are much different then mine, I'm sure. I kind of thought that Joker was an Epicurean.

As for that scene on the ferry, I was seeing shades of Autocracy over Democracy - it took an Autocrat to stand up, assert himself, and do what's right, while Democratic voting was indecisive, and ultimately chose the path of injustice, i.e. blowing up the other boat. I thought that was kind of interesting.

Aaron Eckhart rawked my cawk, though. That Two Face was fucking GREAT.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
KOMMUNISMUS
Leftist
KOMMUNISMUS

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:38 pm

the joker to me was not anarchist at all to me he came across as idealist he definatley had some order in him self i belive he was trying to spread some sort of idea what it is i do not know

but the joker was still freaking awesome
two face was the most evil in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Zealot_Kommunizma
Radical

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:23 pm

It was much better than I expected. And as you I did got caught by the anti-anarchist feelings, anyway it adresses some social issues from an interesting perspective.

The Joker, in my view, was by far the best character.
Back to top Go down
http://worldrepublic.forumotion.com
mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary
mattabesta

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:43 pm

I likey this movie I will definitly go see it again
Back to top Go down
Poum
Leftist

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:02 am

This movie blew me away. I expected it to be good, but god damn it surpassed all my expectations completly. Even that group of my friends who are comic book enthusiasts gave this movie the highest praises. And I personally loved Nicholsons adaptation of the Joker, but Ledgers... His was just to good.

Also, check out this review on the Dark Knight by the folks who run WSWS. It upset me greatly.

http://wsws.org/articles/2008/jul2008/dark-j25.shtml
Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:06 am

that movie is the worst ive seen in a long time
Back to top Go down
mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary
mattabesta

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:21 am

Ruadhan wrote:
that movie is the worst ive seen in a long time

that rewiew wun't be a part of that??
Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:32 pm

nope, it was just a horribly predictable movie. no surprises for me
Back to top Go down
bolshevik
Soviet Administrator
bolshevik

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:31 pm

i saw it twice, and went to the midnight showing dressed up as the joker
i loved it but im a batman nerd Razz
the thing was nicholson was not being the joker, he was being jack nicholson haha.
that being said i loved his adaptation aswell
Back to top Go down
Poum
Leftist

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 5:12 am

Horribly predictable as in you know the comics, or predictable as in Batman wins!?

Because yeah.... Or was it Harvery Dent becoming Two Face?

Because NO ONE saw that coming.
Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:36 am

no, i have never read the comics. just everything that happend was extreamly obvious. I realized what the joker was going to do next 30 mins before anything happend. i like to be taken by suprise. this movie didnt do that at all
Back to top Go down
Anarchist.Dagger
Soviet Administrator
Anarchist.Dagger

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:03 pm

KOMMUNISMUS wrote:
the joker to me was not anarchist at all to me he came across as idealist he definatley had some order in him self i belive he was trying to spread some sort of idea what it is i do not know

but the joker was still freaking awesome
two face was the most evil in my opinion

Joker was obviously no anarchist, and the whole movie it was quite obvious that his political rhetoric was bull-shit propaganda, but some of it actually made sense, at least when he was talking about control, and how when you try to control, you only make things uncontrolable. There were some other things he said that i agreed with, but i can't remember cos i consume too many trees.

I did like the movie though, and i'm gonna see it again wednesday.

Quote :
Or was it Harvery Dent becoming Two Face?

Because NO ONE saw that coming.

haha, ya. I liked how they did that scene where they save harvey and let that chick die. Just the way Harvey and that chick found out that they chose Harvey to live was way cool.

Also, does anyone know what the fuck harvey was doin laying down in that oil? What a fuckin moron. I don't see how that would have helped that situation at all. And is that actually how he became two-faced in the comics, gettin his face burnt off?
Back to top Go down
bolshevik
Soviet Administrator
bolshevik

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:43 pm

AD two face originanly had acid thrown on his face.
home boy was groovin!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Epoch of the Marxist Youth :: Critical Marxist Thinking :: Soviet Artisan-
Jump to: