Epoch of the Marxist Youth

For aspiring and studying marxist youth to come together and discuss the true way forward

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

For Calinis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
solpacvoicis
Soviet Administrator

PostSubject: For Calinis   Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:18 pm

As the other topic is already over, here's where we can continue debating anything that you like.

calinis wrote:
you know, it's like putting a picture of hitler on your banner. people might get offended like me. the banner offends me.
do you consider FDR a mass murderer for going to war against japanese aggression and subsequently annihilating the nazis?

yes, i consider FDR a mass murderer. HE WAS BY DEFINITION. Also, he imprisoned japanese-american citizens in concentration camps, which is absolutely disgusting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
calinis
Mcarthy's spawn

PostSubject: Re: For Calinis   Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:45 pm

aside from what he did with the japanese americans, do you consider this involvement in entering world war ii unjust?
cuz some people's actions are justified if it caused a greater good in the long run (like the defeat of the nazis)
however i dont think FDR was that good of a president anyways, just using him as an example.
but most people you like (as a whole of this forum) are mass murderers for a cause unjust
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solpacvoicis
Soviet Administrator

PostSubject: Re: For Calinis   Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:55 pm

i like them more for their writings and theories, also trotsky is probably my favorite out of all of them, and the most destructive thing he did was give hope to the red army (speeches and such) in the civil war

luxembourg is another of my favorites....and my favorite example of revolution is the paris commune - but i think that the ussr is probably one of the most important events of modern history and needs to be studied objectively.

i think his motive in WWII was probably the only thing he could do as a statesman, regardless as to his personal feelings - i like the side of FDR that tried to initiate social safety nets and took in refugees, but the US could've done a LOT more, even before the war itself, in helping out the fleeing germans (not just german jews).

i think the allies should've taken out the fascist state as soon as it became elected, but, that's to be expected, the fascists were more appetizing to the west than the communists.

(ALSO remember FDR was more preoccupied with defeating the japanese, he helped in defeating germany A LOT, but he was more focused on japan - if they concentrated on taking germany, the ussr might not have "won the race to berlin". remember also that it was the ussr that defeated the nazis, NOT the us in the end)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rename
Radical

PostSubject: Re: For Calinis   Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:43 pm

solpacvoicis wrote:
remember also that it was the ussr that defeated the nazis, NOT the us in the end)

No, USSR did not defeat them. Neither did US, neither did UK, it was the combined force that did, if USSR did not assist, Britain would of been engulfed, if Britain didn't hold out, Hitler could have concentrated less on them and more on USSR which would have made a drastic change, and if US did not push threw their defenses the Nazi's would not have to of focused more on the defense and could of taken USSR/Britain, also US provided supplies to Britain to keep it up. The USSR/Britains main role was defending for the time they did, and distraction so the West could actually stand a chance when US finally bulked up and hit them to provoke them to get more defense than offense.

If any of them would have fallen history would be completely changed today, so you can't say that one place technically "won" the war
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bolshevik
Soviet Administrator

PostSubject: Re: For Calinis   Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:02 pm

berlin falling.
check mate.

mattabesta
Studying Revolutionary

PostSubject: Re: For Calinis   Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:55 am

solpacvoicis wrote:
As the other topic is already over, here's where we can continue debating anything that you like.

calinis wrote:
you know, it's like putting a picture of hitler on your banner. people might get offended like me. the banner offends me.
do you consider FDR a mass murderer for going to war against japanese aggression and subsequently annihilating the nazis?

yes, i consider FDR a mass murderer. HE WAS BY DEFINITION. Also, he imprisoned japanese-american citizens in concentration camps, which is absolutely disgusting.

and he killed them and starved them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Calinis   

Back to top Go down

For Calinis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Epoch of the Marxist Youth :: The Opponents :: Polemics and Debates-
Jump to: